FALL SERVICE PLAN
SERVICE TIME: 10AM – 11AM
Based on our current understanding of COVID-19, the evidence so far seems to indicate that outdoor activities are significantly safer than indoor ones. In addition, meeting outside allows us to not require masks be worn throughout the service. Therefore, our goal is to meet outside whenever possible. However, as we get further into the fall, the chances for good weather to meet outside will continue to decrease.
So, beginning October 4, we're asking you do the following:
"Plan to be inside, Prepare to be outside, Check on Sunday."
Most weeks will probably require us to be inside, but whenever weather permits, we'll meet outside. We'll continue to update the website's homepage each Sunday by 9am with one of the following graphics to tell you whether we'll be inside or outside:
On the weeks we're able to meet outside, we'll be gathering in the southern end of the parking lot behind the church. Please note: you will need to bring your own chairs.
- Handouts: We will have handouts containing the service order and song lyrics for you to pick up on your way to your seat.
- Kids: No children's ministry will be offered during the service.
Out of an abundance of love and care for others, we ask everyone to do the following:
- Keep Some Space: Please keep at least 6 feet of distance between people of different households and avoid physical contact with each other.
- Cover Your Face: While masks are not required during the service, please be sure to have all individuals over 2 years of age wearing masks before the service and after the service as people will be passing by and interacting with one another during those times.
When we need to move inside for our gathering, all the above information is still in effect with the following changes:
- Face Coverings: Marion County has made face coverings mandatory for any indoor service. Please bring your own from home. We will also have a limited supply available for those who don’t have any. We're asking that anyone over age 2 wear them throughout the service.
- Seating: We will sit in alternating rows of pews, and ask you to space yourselves out with at least 6 ft. between households at all times. (Note: All items have been removed from the backs of pews.)
- Air Flow: All doors from sanctuary to hallway will stay open at all times. If at all possible, we will keep the two entrance doors open, as well as other external doors near/in the sanctuary to increase the flow of fresh air.
Who Should NOT Come?
If you are experiencing ANY of the following symptoms consistent with COVID-19,
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
If you have no symptoms...
We encourage everyone who is able to do so to gather with other Christians to worship God together and encourage one another in the gospel (Hebrews 10:24–25)
However, we acknowledge that public health guidelines recommend those 65 and over and those with high-risk health conditions avoid public gatherings whenever possible. There might also be other factors that make it a good idea for you to stay home for now. Please use good judgment and do what is wisest for you and your family.
For those who are not able to rejoin us yet, we will continue to record sermons and post them on Sundays, as well as provide YouTube playlists for the music we'll be singing.
What about children?
Children of all ages are welcome! Beginning October 11, we will offer children's ministry for kids ages 1–5 during the service on the weeks we meet indoors. If we meet outside, we will not offer any nursery or children’s ministry that day. As much as possible, we ask children to remain with their parents at all times. We encourage parents to use another time––outside of this gathering––for children to connect with church friends.Feel free to bring what you need to make this a more comfortable experience for your family. You are welcome to bring your own snacks, toys, books, strollers, etc.
If you have any questions, please email Pastor Dan at email@example.com or give him a call for more details.